Sunday, July 24, 2011

Teacher Voice

I have been thinking about my voice. While my speaking voice could surely use some improvement, I am referring to my beliefs and concerns about the field of education.
Why do educators remain so reserved when it comes to discussions about our field and teaching practices?  My first thought is that we are afraid.  If we rock the boat, we might get tossed overboard!

The problem with fear is that it inhibits leadership and stifles needed change. One of my favorite quotes on leadership is by John Maxwell.  "A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way."
I am passionate about making a difference in the lives of the children I serve.  It is my job to speak-up on their behalf.  I can and will express my voice in the knowing, going and showing.
I also enjoy hearing from others in the field of education.  Take a look at Teacher Leadership Today. They are dedicated to the cultivation of teacher voice around important matters in education.

Lead the way...........

0 comments:

Post a Comment