Friday, April 15, 2011

Teaching Similes


I wanted to show you this great bulletin board and teaching idea!  This activity was part of a PLC that I am doing with K-2 teachers.  We read the book Fireflies, by Julie Brinckloe.  The teachers were asked to write a quick memory that was inspired by the book.  We added a simile to the quick write using examples in Fireflies.  This experience allowed us to showcase teacher writing, and provide a tool that teachers could use to teach similies.  Teachers were given the writing collection to use with students.  Thank you Mrs. Madden for the artwork!

2 comments:

  1. I've been looking for a book to teach similes. I'll have to pick this one up!

    ♥Rebecca
    Create●Teach●Share

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this book and will definitely use this with my class! Thank you for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete